Senior Development Officer: Action on Prejudice
- Employment Hours
35 hours per week
- Closing Date
Wed, 18 Oct 2017 17:00
Maternity Cover (8 months: November 2017 to June 2018)
(Secondment or Short Term Contract Opportunity)
The post holder will lead and manage the development and delivery of the Action on Prejudice programme. The main activities will include;
- To manage the services of a suitable web company for the development and maintenance of the web platform.
- To co-produce new design and content for the young people’s channel with young people and accredit their achievement through the delivery of the Participative Democracy Certificate at SCQF Level 5.
- To engage with stakeholder groups and share relevant content, including resources, videos etc. to the site and convert to web-enabled and interactive formats where appropriate.
- To deliver marketing and effective communications on Action on Prejudice, its content and support the work of other PECF funded projects.
- To deliver AoP Live sessions, engaging schools, youth clubs and key partners.
The post holder must have a proven track record in project management, an understanding of media, marketing, and communications and have experience of stakeholder engagement and work with young people.
Please note that within the normal duties of this post you will be required to carry out regulated work with children. This will include;
- Instructing, training or supervising children/young people.
- Unsupervised contact with children/young people under arrangements made by a responsible person.
- Providing advice or guidance to children/young people which relates to physical or emotional well-being, education or training.
- Moderating a public electronic interactive communication service which is intended for use wholly or mainly by children.
Applications should be submitted to: Lorena Little, Business Manager, YouthLink Scotland, Rosebery House, 9 Haymarket Terrace, Edinburgh EH12 5EZ Email: email@example.com