Graduate Project Officer - Youth Empowerment & Participation
Shetland Islands Council
- Employment Hours
Full-time (37 hours per week)
£27,498.73 - £28,637.82 per annum
- Closing Date
Wed, 12 May 2021 12:00
The post holder is responsible through the Senior Youth Development Worker for a project established as part of the Council’s Youth Empowerment and Participation Project for undertaking a range of activities timeously contributing to its successful completion. The post holder will undertake practice, research and analysis preparing draft reports for a wide range of audiences. Generic tasks are listed below:
- Undertaking research activities to inform project work e.g. regarding national policy, demography, current service models, performance and benchmarking.
- Surveying existing services to identify how services contribute to the outcomes and priorities in the Council’s Corporate Plan and the Shetland Partnership Plan.
- Undertaking formal and informal consultation with a wide range of stakeholders and members of the public as required.
- Assessing options for change including investment and disinvestment opportunities using Building Better Business Case methodology.
- Developing public information materials to support project activities e.g. consultation and information on new service developments.
- Preparing risk analysis for project activities and options for change identifying consequent risks to service delivery and outcomes for the Shetland community.
- Preparing reports and presenting findings to a wide range of audiences.
- ContactMartin Summers, Shetland Islands Council
- Tel 01595 74 4490
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org