Teamwork is the ability to co-operate and work with other young people or adults towards a common aim.
- Working with others on a shared task or goal
- Communicating with others in the group
- Listening to others in the group
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Reaching agreement with others through compromise
- Resolving conflict peacefully
- Being aware of the feelings of other people in the group
- Supporting and encouraging others in the group
- Following instruction
- Being reliable
How might a young person develop this skill?
Young people can develop team work skills in a variety of ways, such as working together to decide on activities or programmes within their youth group. They have opportunities to join local youth forums or youth councils and work with others to represent the voice of young people in policy and decision making.
Young people often develop and deepen their teamworking skills though outdoor learning and well as organising and planning events.