Our Youth Work Changes Lives Call to Action and Westminster Manifesto demand recognition for youth work from UK politicians and political parties.
Youth Work Changes Lives Call to Action
Our Call to Action made 14 Asks of MSPs ahead of Scottish Parliament elections in 2016, organised around three themes:
- Invest in Youth Work
- Invest in Young People and Communities
- Invest in Fairness and Equalities
Progress against the Call to Action will be monitored by the YouthLink Scotland Policy Forum.
In our Westminster Manifesto, we call on the UK Government to make a few simple changes which will go some way to offering our young people more equality of opportunity:
- Age discrimination needs to be removed from the minimum wage. Equal pay for equal work.
- Votes at 16 must become a reality right across the UK for every election.
- In terms of lasting social capital, offer tax breaks for businesses that encourage and facilitate their staff to volunteer.
- All young people should have access to free WiFi in their communities so the opportunities that come with our new digital era do not leave some of them behind.
- A right of access for all young people to high quality youth work and a commitment to long-term funding for our sector.