All things data
When planning your evaluation, you need to pay particular attention to child protection and data protection.
You will need to make sure that your evaluation complies with your organisation’s child and data protection policies.
In particular, you need to think about the following questions:
- How will you gather qualitative data rigorously? You will need to be consistent in how you do this.
- How will you gather and store unusual data that is very specific to a single project?
- How will you gather sensitive data?
- How will you store data and in particular, how you will store it securely to comply with all relevant legislation? And how will you store in such a way as to be useful and usable?
- Will you need to record data offline? If so, how will you transfer it to electronic storage?
- Who can access the data?
- How can you share data with colleagues?
- How do you share data with a young person?
- How will you integrate outcomes into existing databases and performance management systems, some of which do not store outcomes data?
Evaluation Support Scotland has produced a guide on storing evaluation information. You can access the guide on their website.