The Local Storytelling Campaign - Scottish International Storytelling Festival
Schools and community groups are encouraged to take part in an initiative that celebrates the art of storytelling under the of theme Growing Stories. The local campaign aims to highlight how stories help communities connect, grow together and play a vital part in preserving heritage and cultures for new generations.
To celebrate, audiences across Scotland are invited to book a storyteller for a local event, strike-up a new community activity or engage with storytelling in another way.
As part of the campaign, we would love schools and community groups to hold storytelling events and help celebrate this theme. To help, the Scottish International Storytelling Festival can offer:
- A downloadable toolkit with ideas on how to take part, tips on how to host events and info on how to book a storyteller, rates and subsidies
- Resources for storytelling and how to become a story collector and archivist
- A Social Media and PR pack with infographics, text and press templates to promote events
- Tips and info on how to connect storytellers with schools and communities in local areas
- Support with a #GrowingStories social media campaign that will run throughout the main festival - with a focus/showcase day on Wednesday 7 November
Find out more about the event and how to get your free toolkit on their website.