Covid-19 Sector Update
To keep the sector informed of additional changes, please see the updated advice from the Scottish Government effective from the 26th and 27th December. This is in addition to guidance circulated at the beginning of this week, the links to all of these changes are listed below.
Coronavirus (COVID-19): staying safe and protecting others - gov.scot (www.gov.scot) – updated 22nd December
Additional legal restrictions and guidance that may affect face-to-face youth work delivery, are in relation to larger events, or where you are planning contact sports activity for those aged 18 and over, as set out below.
From 26 December:
Capacity limits will be in place for larger events (excluding places of worship). This means a maximum of:
- 100 people at indoor standing events
- 200 people at indoor seated events
- 500 people at outdoor events (whether seated or standing)
Adult non-professional contact sports are not allowed in indoor spaces
The schools and youth work visits and trips guidance has now been updated to bring it in line with the guidance on reducing risk in schools. Pre-visit testing for staff and young people is strongly recommended.
Coronavirus (COVID-19): school and youth work visits and trips – updated 22 December.
Following the First Minister’s statement on 17 December, regarding the spread of Omicron in Scotland, youth work providers may wish to note the following updated advice:
Keeping Schools Safe and Coronavirus (COVID-19): school and youth work visits and trips - updated COVID-19 guidance 17th December
At this time, face-to-face youth work delivery can continue to take place, including youth work in school settings and trips/residential experiences. Youth work providers should ensure that the Expectations before delivery are in place and may wish to consider:
- A strengthened approach to minimising contacts, such as through the reintroduction of groupings where practical, and avoiding face-to-face delivery of large events
- Ensuring reasonable physical distancing between young people and between young people and youth workers (schools have physical distancing of at least 1m)
- Reinforcing Scottish Government advice regarding regular asymptomatic testing
And we ask people to note:
- The strengthened approach to self-isolation for household contacts of positive cases
- Staff eligibility for voluntary exemption from self-isolation under critical worker guidance
We will continue to monitor any changes over the festive period and update our FAQ accordingly.