National Youth Work Conference 2018
Reflecting the themes identified by young people in shaping YoYP2018, our National Conference will focus on Young People’s Participation. This year’s event will take place on Universal Children’s Day, which marks the anniversary of the UN General Assembly adopting both the declaration and the convention on children's rights.
This event will provide a space to explore this ambition within a youth work context by:
- Considering ways in which youth work enables young people to participate in decisions that affect their lives.
- Identifying and discussing the ways in which youth organisations are led, and informed by young people.
- Reflecting on the experiences of organisations who are working in partnership with young people to improve their services and experiences through the influence of young people’s views.
Interactive Sessions: To achieve these aims we are pleased to announce our 16 Interactive Session options for conference delegates. There’s a fantastic range of workshops and mini seminars from across the sector on offer, including focus on child rights, youth led campaigns, inclusive decision-making and digital and creative participation. Find out more about what’s available.
This event is aimed at:
- The youth work sector.
- Other related professionals interested in young people’s participation.
- Integrated authorities and community planning partnerships.
- Supporters of the Year of Young People 2018.
Prices: £90+ VAT (£108) for YLS Members and £125 + VAT (£150) for non-members.