National Youth Work Conference 2018: Call for Interactive Sessions
Reflecting the themes identified by young people in shaping YoYP2018, our National Conference will focus on Young People’s Participation. This year’s event will take place on Universal Children’s Day, which marks the anniversary of the UN General Assembly adopting both the declaration and the convention on children's rights.
This event will provide a space to explore this ambition within a youth work context by:
- Considering ways in which youth work enables young people to participate in decisions that affect their lives.
- Identifying and discussing the ways in which youth organisations are led, and informed by young people.
- Reflecting on the experiences of organisations who are working in partnership with young people to improve their services and experiences through the influence of young people’s views.
This event is aimed at:
- The youth work sector.
- Other related professionals interested in young people’s participation.
- Integrated authorities and community planning partnerships.
- Supporters of the Year of Young People 2018.
Interactive Session Proposals
We are always keen to see a variety of opportunities for conference participants to share practice, develop skills and learn how policy can be taken into practice and management. This year all the Interactive Sessions will be co-designed and co-delivered with young people. We need your support to make this happen!
These sessions could be workshops, mini-seminars, lectures or presentations - but they'll present current practice, show innovation, be reflective, and will inspire action in others.
If you're interested in contributing an interactive session at this event, you can download the proposal form to find out more and apply. The deadline for submitting a proposal is Friday 29 June 2018.
Online booking for this event will be available soon.