Year of Young People 2018: Youth Community Action Fund
Year of Young People 2018 aimed to inspire Scotland through its young people, celebrating their achievements, valuing their contribution to communities and creating new opportunities for them to shine locally, nationally and globally.
Please note: this fund is currently closed to applications.
This new fund was created to provide opportunities for local groups working with young people to facilitate informal education and learning opportunities that supported this aim.
Proposals had to:
- Engage young people aged 8–26 years.
- Be co-designed with local young people to ensure they were fully involved in the development, management and delivery of the proposed activity.
- Promote equality and be open and accessible to young people.
- Demonstrate sustainability (whether in attracting other resources or in leaving a legacy).
The fund considered applications from the following bodies:
- Constituted groups and organisations from the voluntary youth work sector.
- Local Authority Youth and/or Community Learning Services.
- Organisation working in partnership with a local youth work provider.
The maximum award was £2,000, and all proposed activities were delivered between 1 January 2018 and 31 December 2018.