- Funding Directory
- CashBack for Communities
- National Voluntary Youth Organisations Support Fund
- Digital Inclusion Fund
- Youth Work Education Recovery Fund
- Covid-19 Outdoor Education Recovery Fund
- Cyber Resilience Badges and Resources Fund
- Social Isolation and Loneliness Fund
- Covid-19 Residential Outdoor Education Centre Recovery Fund
Covid-19 Outdoor Education Recovery Fund
This fund is now closed.
The £500,000 Outdoor Education Recovery Fund was launched in 2021 by the Scottish Government to widen access to outdoor learning and offer vital support for Scotland's education recovery. The creation of the fund recognised the role played by all forms of outdoor learning as part of the government’s broader approach to recovery from the Covid pandemic.
The fund enabled youth work and education providers to facilitate outdoor learning experiences with the aim of supporting the following outcomes for young people:
- Improved physical and mental health and wellbeing.
- Development of skills for life.
- Improved learner engagement.
- Progress in related Curriculum for Excellence areas and subjects.
- Improved connection with and appreciation of, nature and place.
- 45 funded programmes were delivered across Scotland between May and December 2021
- Nearly 2,000 sessions and 12,000 activity hours were provided
- 8514 young people and 558 teachers participated
- Young people from a range of formal education settings were involved, predominantly primary schools
For further information, please contact:
Jane Dailly, National Grants Manager, YouthLink Scotland