Youth Music Initiative Funding
Creative Scotland administers the Scottish Government’s Youth Music Initiative (YMI) programme which in 2021-22 will:
- Create access to high-quality music-making opportunities for young people aged 0-25 years, particularly for those that would not normally have the chance to participate.
- Enable young people to achieve their potential in or through music making.
- Support the development of the youth music sector for the benefit of young people.
There are three routes to apply for investment from this programme:
1. School Based Music Making (Formula Fund) to deliver the Scottish Government commitment that “every school pupil in Scotland should be offered a year of free music tuition by the time they leave primary school”. This is a targeted fund for Scotland’s 32 Local Authorities and Jordanhill School for activity starting at the beginning of the academic year in August 2022.
2. Access to Music Making to create access to high-quality music-making opportunities for children and young people aged 0-25 years. Now closed to applications.
3. Strengthening Youth Music to support individuals, organisations and networks to undertake strategic action or training that will strengthen the youth music sector in Scotland for the benefit of young people. Now closed to applications.
4. YMI CPD and Training Fund to support individuals and organisations who work with children and young people on out-of-school music projects. The fund will remain open until funds are spent.