Volunteering Matters Action Earth 2019
Volunteering Matters Action Earth is helping to get people and communities busy outdoors. The campaign has grants to give to groups of volunteers who are carrying out environmental activities in Scotland's green spaces.
- Grants from £50 to £250 are available to run environmental activities in Scotland’s green spaces. This includes enhancing local biodiversity by creating or improving habitats, community gardens, wildflower meadows, ponds, woodlands, urban greenspaces and other growing areas.
- This year there is also a very limited number of Enhanced Health grants up to £500 for for environmental projects which can demonstrate a significant health impact through working with people who have defined health and social needs.
50% of grants are for projects in areas where there is substantial social or economic deprivation.
Applications are prioritised from volunteer groups who do any of the following:
- Improve and develop the health and wellbeing of their local community.
- Involve disabled people, vulnerable people or those at risk of exclusion.
- Encourage and involve people under 26 in practical outdoor conservation.
Projects should complete by December 2019. Grants are allocated on a first-come basis.
Volunteering Matters Action Earth grant funding is provided by Scottish Natural Heritage (SNH).