Social Enterprise Net Zero Transition Fund
The Social Enterprise Net Zero Transition Fund is now open to expressions of interest. The Fund aims to support social enterprises and the wider third sector to make the transition to carbon net-zero. Activities that reduce the carbon footprint will be supported.
Some examples of these activities can be found below.
- Reducing energy consumption
- Improving energy efficiency
- Developing or moving to renewable energy sources
- Transitioning to sustainable transport options
- Scaling local food production and supply
- Minimising or re-purposing food waste
- Developing circular economy products, services, processes and practices
The fund provides loans from £10,000 and organisations must generate a trading income that allows for repayments. Organisations who have a particular circular economy focus or are proposing specific projects with a focus on re-use, repair and leasing/sharing models, may also be eligible for some small grant awards of up to £20,000.