The Shackleton Foundation provides support to social leaders and entrepreneurs as well as early-stage social enterprises who work to improve the lives of disadvantaged young people in challenging circumstances. A single grant of up to £10,000 to support leaders with innovative social ideas aimed at generating positive social change for disadvantaged and socially marginalised young people. The projects should be long-lasting and far-reaching with a clear social purpose and not solely reliant on grants and donations.
Eligible ideas must:
- Be in the first 12 months of development.
- Fulfil a clear need and demand.
- Have a real social impact.
- Have well-defined outputs and goals.
- Have the potential for real growth and sustainability.
- The beneficiaries of the work must be young people based in the UK.
Grants are made to individual leaders, preferably those running charities, social enterprises or not-for-profit organisations and not to teams or organisations. Applications can be sent via post or email.
The next deadline for applications is 9 April 2020.