The Prince's Trust Development Awards
Cash grants in Scotland up to £300 for course fees, equipment, work clothing etc are available to help young people move into education, training or employment.
Eligible applicants must be:
- Aged 14-16 in compulsory education and not expecting to achieve five Standard Grades at Credit Level including English and Maths.
- Aged 16-25 and not in education, training or employment (or working less than 16 hours a week).
Young people who fall under the following categories are prioritised:
- Educational underachievers.
- Long term unemployed.
- Offenders and ex-offenders.
- In or leaving care.
- Asylum seeker, refugee or from black and minority ethnic groups.