Paul Hamlyn Foundation
The Paul Hamlyn Foundation is a grant-giving charity that seeks to fund projects in the UK that help individuals overcome disadvantage, social exclusion and lack of opportunity and so realise their full potential. It focuses particularly on supporting young people and has a strong belief in the importance of the arts. In June 2015 it launched a new strategic plan running from 2015 to 2021 and will now focus on six priorities to:
- widen accessing and participation in the arts
- improve people's education and learning through the arts
- show that arts makes a difference to people's lives
- support the development and growth of organisations investing in young people and positive change
- improve the migration and integration of young people to enable communities to live well together.
The Foundation runs a number of funds such as the Youth Fund, Arts-based Learning Fund which are aimed at not-for-profit organisations. An online application form for these programmes is now available on the website. There are no deadlines and applications can be made at any time.