Partnership Drugs Initiative
PDI funds are focused on supporting projects delivering in communities across Scotland that aim to increase the well-being of children and young people affected by drugs and alcohol. PDI has three target areas of support for children and young people.
- At risk of physical and/or emotional neglect due to their parent/carers alcohol and/or other drug use
- Struggling to understand or manage change and feelings due to their parents/carers recovery from alcohol and/or drugs
- Likely to experiment or use alcohol and other drugs as a coping mechanism by showing signs of: multiple adverse childhood experiences (ACEs), their own risky or damaging use of alcohol and or/other drugs
PDI funds will contribute up to a maximum of 50% towards the overall costs of delivering a project or service that will help improve the outcomes for children and young people. Applications can be made for up to three years.
This is a two stage application process with two rounds.
- Round 1: Initial Stage 17 June 2021
- Round 2: Initial Stage 4 November 2021
Applications can be made by voluntary sector charity organisations working with vulnerable children and young people up to the age of 26 affected by substance abuse.
PDI is currently funded through a partnership between Corra Foundation and the Scottish Government.