Museums Galleries Scotland Recovery and Resilience Fund
This fund aims to support not-for-profit independent museums in Scotland that have been put at risk by the Covid-19 pandemic so that they can continue to play a vital role in their local communities and plan and build a more resilient and sustainable future. It targets organisations that are in danger of running out of funds between now and 31 March 2021, but it is also there to support organisations to plan and implement measures that will make them more financially sustainable beyond spring in 2021.
The fund will support:
- operating costs up to 31 March 2021
- re-start costs
- critical repairs and maintenance
- business model review and implementation costs
- activity to support and develop community wellbeing
- other activity to build up sustainability and resilience.
Most awards made are expected to be upward of £10,000. Funds open on 17 August 2020 and applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until 30 October 2020. Funds must be awarded by 31 December 2020 and spent by 31 March 2021.