The Lintel Trust
The Trust has been Scotland’s Housing Association Charity for the last 40 years. It provides funding for grassroots community projects helping social housing tenants. Grants are normally for about £2,000 and the Trust likes the contribution to be a meaningful one (i.e. more than 30% of the total cost of the project).
Grants are awarded quarterly in February, May, August and November. See their website for application deadline dates.
To be eligible for a grant from the Lintel Trust projects must come under one of the following categories:
- Provision of services to older people to enable them to continue living at home.
- Provision of services promoting digital participation and access to online services to digitally excluded individuals and groups.
- Improving opportunities for socially isolated people to participate and receive the support they need to engage fully in community life.
- Improving opportunities for homeless people (with a particularly single person households) to receive the support they need to live independently in a secure home and engage fully in community life.
- Improving opportunities for people with disabilities to participate and receive the support they need to live independently and engage fully in community life.
It also has a small social enterprise fund and welcomes applications from social enterprises either starting out or looking to expand. Please contact the Trust to discuss an application for social enterprise funding before applying.