The JMA Trust is a small charity whose main aim is to support or provide opportunities for individual young people or organisations working with young people to realise their potential in the following areas:
- Public participation in sport.
- Relieving long term unemployment.
- Prevention or relief of poverty.
- Relief to those disadvantaged by ill-health, disability and financial hardship.
Applications for grants are invited from the following groups:
- Charitable organisations in Scotland.
- Young people aged 15-25 years.
- Sports clubs/groups or schools in Dumfries and Galloway only.
The typical size of grants vary from up to £1,000 for individuals, no more than £2000 for groups and organisations and £1,000 for sports clubs and schools in Dumfries and Galloway. The Trust meets four times a year to consider applications and award grants with four deadlines set a year. An application form for individuals or groups can be found on the website.