The Gannett Foundation is inviting applications from registered charities to support projects that benefit the local community. This includes schemes for:
- Neighbourhood improvement and local problem-solving.
- Youth development.
- Education and cultural enrichment.
- Care of the elderly or infirm.
- Help for the disadvantaged or disabled.
- Environmental conservation.
Each year the Foundation picks a special theme to attract relevant applications.
Typically, grants are made for substantial projects which require and merit awards of between £5,000 and £10,000. Applications must be submitted through the local Newsquest Media Group papers which can be found on the newsquest website.