The Cross Trust
This charity gives grants to young Scots in financial need. Awards are made to individuals or organisations in Scotland, with the vast majority made to individuals. Applicants must be under 30 years of age as well as being of Scottish birth or parentage.
Individuals can submit an application under the following categories.
- Awards for university or college courses
- Awards for projects or studies
Other specific awards:
- Vacation studies in the arts
- Medical elective studies abroad
- Horticultural studies - John Fife Travel Award
Qualifying organisations must have a base in Scotland and seek funding for projects that benefit Scottish people.
Awards to organisations may be made for two particular purposes.
- The promotion amongst the youth of Scotland of a love of nature and Scottish scenery. (Awards are made to organisations providing opportunities for the education or advancement of their members including assistance with expeditions in furtherance of their objects, and for building and other renovation works for their premises).
- The promotion of drama, opera and similar works (in particular, the works of Shakespeare, and of Gilbert and Sullivan)
Deadlines for applications:
- Awards for University or College Courses and Awards for Projects or Studies: 18 February, 9 June, 26 August 2021
- Vacation Studies in the Arts: 1 April annually
- Medical Elective Studies Abroad: 1 April, 30 September and 31 December annually
- John Fife Travel Awards: 31 March annually
- Organisations: 4 February and 12 August 2021