The 2019-20 round of the Creative Breaks funding programme closed for applications on 23 May 2019 and the next round is scheduled to open in the Spring of 2020. The programme provides 12 month grants to third sector organisations to develop and deliver short breaks for carers of adults aged 21 years and over and young carers and those that they care for. One year grants will be awarded in October 2019. The maximum award is £50,000. To be eligible, applicant organisations must comply with all of the following requirements:
- Third sector (voluntary organisation) operating in Scotland.
- Registered charity OR our organisation’s constitution meets the OSCR charity test
- Possess all of the relevant registrations, policies and procedures required for our work in place (e.g. PVG checks, safeguarding, Care Inspectorate requirements etc.)
- Have appropriate and effective governance and financial management arrangements in place.
- Projects will enable unpaid carers of adults (21+) and/or young carers, and/or those that they care for to access short breaks.