The 2021-22 round of the Creative Breaks funding programme has now opened and the deadline for applications is 20 May 2021 at 5pm. The programme provides 12 month grants to third sector organisations to develop and deliver short breaks for carers of adults aged 21 years and over and young carers and those that they care for. One year grants will be awarded for the period October 2021 until September 2022. The maximum award is £35,000. To be eligible, applicant organisations must comply with all of the following requirements:
- Third sector (voluntary organisation) operating in Scotland.
- Registered charity OR our organisation’s constitution meets the OSCR charity test
- Possess all of the relevant registrations, policies and procedures required for our work in place (e.g. PVG checks, safeguarding, Care Inspectorate requirements etc.)
- Have appropriate and effective governance and financial management arrangements in place.
- Projects will enable unpaid carers of adults (21+) and/or young carers, and/or those that they care for to access short breaks.