This programme aims to get 60,000 digitally excluded low income households online by the end of 2021.
Under phase three of the programme, organisations working to remove barriers related to digital exclusion for unemployed young people and adults (aged 16+) can apply for support on behalf of the low income households they work with, for:
- digital devices: iPads and/or Chromebooks
- internet connectivity: a mobile WiFi hotspot with 24 months unlimited data, and
- training and support: for staff and volunteers to become ‘digital champions’ to support people to use the internet confidently and safely.
All public or third sector organisations that work to support people to address barriers to employment are eligible to apply.
This includes organisations and teams working in the following areas.
- Education and training
- Youth work
- Community learning and development
- Health and well-being
- Social work
- Financial advice and support
Applications are now open for Phase 3 Round 2 in the area of employability with a deadline of 27 September 2021.
Follow on Twitter.