Bank of Scotland Foundation
In February 2019, the Foundation launched its five-year strategic plan ‘Supporting Positive Change Across Scotland’, which will see a range of new funding programmes, open in 2019 and 2020.
It has four strategic aims, which will determine its programmes of work over the next five years:
- Focusing on the work and impact on charities that demonstrate how they address social exclusion or disadvantage.
- Developing flexible, responsive grant making tailored to the needs of those it supports.
- Realising the value of its strategic partnership with Lloyds Banking Group.
- Working as a learning organisation to improve its impact and the quality of what it does and providing best in class customer service.
Its four funding programmes launching late 2019 and early 2020 are:
- Reach: charities can apply for funding of £1,000 to £20,000 to support people through varying stages of their lives and make a positive and lasting change in communities. Open for applications until 2 April 2020.
- Change: charities can apply for capital costs or project costs of £50,000 to £100,000 per annum over 1 to 2 years to make a large-scale, long-term impact on charities and communities. The programme will open again in 2020.
- Advise: charities can apply for funding of £1,000 to £20,000 to improve financial advice and literacy for people across Scotland. The programme will launch in early 2020.
- Invest: charities can apply for core costs of £20,000 to £40,000 per annum over 2 to 5 years to relieve the pressures they face of financial uncertainty and increased demand and find a more stable footing. The programme will launch in early 2020.