The Aspirational Awards scheme is a young people-led individual grants fund aimed at empowering care experienced young people aged 21-26 to think big about their future and transform their lives through grants to help them reach their best potential.
Young people can apply for a funding award aimed at:
- Thinking ‘big’ and achieving their ambitions.
- Supporting their personal development and reaching as high as possible in life.
An aspirational idea must be based on the following principles:
- an ambition or dream which will create a long-term impact on the young person’s life.
- something which will help the young person achieve a long-term goal.
- something that a young person could be working towards over a long period of time (and would have proof of doing so).
Aspirational Awards and Empowerment Grants are being developed alongside each other to make the best use of any correlation between the two.
Applications are open from 7 November and close on 12 December 2019.