Aberdeen Asset Management Charitable Foundation
The Fund concentrates on two main areas for grants:
Emerging Markets: Funds focus on a small number of long term partnerships with an average duration of three years. Charities must meet the following criteria for an emerging market grant:
- UK registered.
- Small to medium in size, or if a larger charity, must have an identifiable project that Aberdeen can support.
- Focus clearly on promoting education and providing wider opportunities for underprivileged young people.
Local Communities:Local community grants have much the same criteria but charities must demonstrate and have:
- A clear and meaningful impact on the community.
- A clear connection to a community local to one of Aberdeen’s offices.
- A governance structure in place to allow Aberdeen to monitor the impact of the investment.