Young people and gambling harms CPD: Family Services
- Event Type
Date and Time
Start Tue, 24 Nov 2020 10:00
End Tue, 24 Nov 2020 12:00
This webinar is specifically designed for practitioners who work with parents, carers and families across Scotland.
The training will be an interactive online session, to help participants engage with the content and discussions throughout the session.
- Explore current issues surrounding gambling and young people, with a focus on education, prevention and support.
- Increase their awareness of how gambling harms impact the health and well-being of young people and families.
- Better understand what gambling disorder is and its relationship with other risk-taking behaviours.
- Discuss concerns regarding online gambling and gaming.
- Strengthen their skills and confidence to deliver gambling education and prevention activities as part of a parent and carer programme.
- Increase their knowledge of resources available (such as Fast Forward’s Gambling Education Toolkit).
- Find information on additional support and specialised services.