Children and young people's experiences of domestic abuse
- Event Type
Date and Time
Start Wed, 05 May 2021 10:00
End Wed, 05 May 2021 12:30
- Understanding how children and young people experience domestic abuse through theory, research and survivor testimony.
- Understanding of the physiological impacts of domestic abuse on children, and how to mitigate this as professionals.
- Knowledge of how domestic abuse impacts on the child’s relationship with the abusing parent and the non-abusing parent, and the role children take in this family dynamic.
- Supporting children and young people experiencing domestic abuse.
- Introduction to the key concepts of the Safe and Together model.