Working with children and young people who have experienced traumatic stress
- Event Type
Date and Time
Start Thu, 16 May 2019 09:30
End Thu, 16 May 2019 16:00
£89.00 to £139.00
Traumatic events are shocking and emotionally overwhelming. These events vary in type, source, timing and impact. They can be experienced at different developmental stages, within different contexts and in the presence or absence of different internal and external resources and challenges. Traumatic events shape development and can impact on how children complete tasks, develop skills and engage with others throughout their lives.
This training is an introduction to working with traumatic stress using the Attachment, Self-Regulation and Competency Framework (ARC).
- Using the ARC framework to recognise danger signals and understand past and present dangers.
- Managing responses and laying the foundations for the development of competencies.
- Working with trauma through different contexts, including daily, community and culture.
- Identifying internal and external resources and challenges.
- Providing a safe context for children.