Building resilience in Scotland’s boys
- Event Type
Date and Time
Start Tue, 17 Mar 2020 10:00
End Tue, 17 Mar 2020 16:00
£99.00 to £199.00 plus VAT (Members of YouthLink Scotland - £75.00 (just quote YLS75 when booking)
This one-day training conference will use a mix of speaker presentations and roundtable discussion sessions, to explore how we can build resilience amongst Scotland’s boys. It will offer those who work with boys and young men the opportunity to share ideas and experiences of how we can best support them to open up about how they are feeling and provide them with the knowledge and capacity to work through the difficulties or challenges they encounter.
The event will explore the following key themes:
- The impact of Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) on resilience.
- The link between attachment and resilience.
- Mentoring boys to reach their full potential.
- The importance of early intervention.
- Reaching the most excluded boys in our society and the impact of street culture.
- The power of community.
We are pleased to inform you that Sean Humphreys, Mental Health and Wellbeing Development Officer at Youthlink Scotland will be one of the speakers at this conference.Online booking