Eradicating violence against women and girls
- Event Type
Date and Time
Start Thu, 20 Jun 2019 09:15
End Thu, 20 Jun 2019 15:00
£145.00 to £295.00 - Members of YouthLink Scotland can receive a 10% discount on this event – just quote YOUTHLINK10 on the booking form.
November 2018 marked one year since the publication of the Scottish Government and COSLA’s Equally Safe strategy. Clear progress has been made with achievements such as the passing of the Domestic Abuse (Scotland) Act 2018, which recognised the devastating impacts of controlling behaviour in law, and the expansion of the Rape Crisis Sexual Violence Prevention Programme in schools to tackle negative behaviours before they establish.
As amazing as progress has been so far, there is still much to be done in eradicating violence against women and girls. This event will take a comprehensive look at priorities, challenges and good practice in tackling gendered violence in Scotland.
Key issues to be addressed:
- One year on from Equally Safe – key insights.
- Existing policy and future Scottish Government priorities for tackling violence against women.
- Primary prevention: stopping violence before it occurs.
- Ensuring support to survivors is appropriate and effective.
- Approaches to preventing violence against women in specific settings, e.g. on campus, in the workplace.