Recruitment and referrals training
- Event Type
Date and Time
Start Wed, 08 Jul 2020 10:00
End Wed, 08 Jul 2020 12:00
This course combines with the online courses Signatory Training and PVG Regulated Work to provide a complete package of training on the PVG legislation and its operation for signatories.
It is also designed as a stand-alone course for people who hold responsibility within organisations for:
- Dealing with instances of harm to children and / or protected adults OR;
- The final stages of discipline OR;
This training covers the following topics:
- Engaging staff/volunteers safely.
- What do staff/volunteers need to know.
- Understanding 'harm' and 'risk of harm' in relation to the PVG Scheme.
- Referrals, listing and barring – people who are excluded from the Scheme.
- The legal obligations you are under for making referrals under the PVG Scheme.
- Resources available.