Volunteer Management - The Essentials
- Event Type
Date and Time
Start Wed, 26 Feb 2020 10:00
End Wed, 08 Apr 2020 16:00
£90.00 to £210.00
During the course you will be challenged to think beyond what’s needed for the traditional volunteer, gaining an understanding of today’s volunteers and what your organisation needs to have in place to give them a great experience. The sessions will cover preparing for involving volunteers, attracting the right volunteers and getting them started. It will also discuss supporting volunteers, managing challenging situations, reward and recognition and evaluating your volunteer programme.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Explain what volunteering is, why people do it and what they can do.
- Plan a recruitment process to get volunteers involved.
- Design an induction and support process to get volunteers started.
- Feel confident in dealing with challenging situations surrounding volunteers.
- Identify where you can recognise and reward your volunteers as well as identify opportunities for further development.
- Critically assess your policies and procedures that support volunteering.
- Drive forward volunteering in your area of work.