Gambling education and prevention CPD for youth work practitioners
- Event Type
Date and Time
Start Tue, 04 Aug 2020 10:00
End Tue, 04 Aug 2020 12:00
This webinar will engage practitioners in learning about how gambling affect the health and wellbeing of young people.
Participants will have an opportunity to discuss concerns about the impact of the current covid-19 outbreak on those vulnerable to experience gambling harms, and to receive information about gambling behaviours among young people.
- Increased awareness of gambling, including online gambling, and their impact on the health and wellbeing of young people.
- Understanding harm reduction in relation to gambling, and the links with other risk-taking behaviours.
- Exploring a variety of ways to address gambling through youth work.
- Increased knowledge of the resources available to deliver gambling education and prevention activities.
- Awareness of specialised support services.
- ContactFast Forward