CPD Workshop on Impact Evaluation for Youth Work
- Event Type
Date and Time
Start Mon, 07 Oct 2019 10:00
End Mon, 07 Oct 2019 12:30
- Places Available
This event is now full booked. To join the waiting list, please email John Wilkinson.
As Scottish youth work faces an ongoing funding crunch, organisations are under increasing pressure to demonstrate results in ways that align with national government and education priorities. YouthLink Scotland is offering free open CPD sessions on evaluating the impact of youth work offerings, focused specifically on helping you demonstrate the contribution your work makes to achieving the goals of the Scottish Attainment Challenge.
These sessions will cover:
- Establishing clear outcomes of your work that fit with both local needs and national frameworks.
- Finding the right indicators to measure how you are achieving those outcomes.
- Choosing data-gathering methods that work for your context and minimise additional burdens on youth workers, young people, and your organisation's time.
- Formulating the right questions to ask to get the information you need.
- How to use the data you collect for a variety of purposes – for example, funding applications, growing local partnerships, and internal improvement efforts.
The majority of the session will be a collaborative workshop offering attendees the chance to walk away with a fully realised plan for documenting one or two specific impacts of your youth work offerings and ideas for effectively using the evidence you gather.
Because different perspectives are important in establishing what your most important outcomes are and what the constraints on measurement strategies might be, we recommend that each organisation send two attendees to the workshop – one youth worker or volunteer and one member of the organisation's leadership team. A pre-activity for gathering useful input from young people who participate in your programmes will also be distributed 2-3 weeks in advance of the workshop.
Please note that no lunch will be provided although tea/coffee will be available at registration.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for information on the session to be held on 3 October in Moray.
- ContactJulian Burton
- Tel 0131 313 2488
- Email JBurton@youthlinkscotland.org