Protection of Vulnerable Groups and the Disclosure of Criminal Information
This consultation seeks views on proposals for the reform to the disclosure regime in Scotland. The aim is for respondents to focus on what changes are required to make disclosure of criminal convictions fit for the 21st century. Some changes that may be identified might be better pursued through non-legislative means. Others may require to be looked at in terms of wider Scottish Government policy.
- Simplifying the disclosure system.
- Making membership of the PVG scheme mandatory for those in sensitive roles.
- Making PVG membership time‑limited.
- Making the disclosure system respond better to young people’s circumstances.
- Using digital technology to better and more efficiently meet customer needs.