Local Authority Youth Work Managers
Our Local Authority Youth Work Managers network provides the opportunity for managers to discuss issues affecting local authority membership, and to work together to resolve issues at local and national levels.
We support local authorities to take youth work developments forward, facilitate professional dialogue, and use our expertise to advise on emerging policy and practice developments. This network is jointly facilitated with Community Learning and Development Managers Scotland.
Our aims are to:
- Effectively engage the local authority youth work sector
- Explore current issues with peers
- Focus on the specific local authority angle in relation to policy agenda
- Influence decision-making within YouthLink Scotland and Community Learning and Development Managers Scotland
- Provide a voice for the local authority youth work sector
- Shape government initiatives at an early stage to ensure their expectations of the sector are appropriate and realistic
Our next meetings take place on 15 and 16 June, 8 September and 8 December 2017.